Saturday, November 20, 2010

Working With My Troupe

 

I have been a bit in a stir since watching this video. The experience to form a troupe  was truly a life experience. It shed light on things that I didn't even realize were effecting me so deeply. It was touched they sewed their group costume, how hard they put their effort to come to practice.

Teaching a troupe dance is  PATIENCE. First of all, I love what I am  doing,  then it seems natural to create [a sense of] patience…it really takes A LOT of patience, especially when you have some beginners who is slow…and some are  a very quick beginner who understands, picks up and goes right along with the foundation work.

I remember Serkan told us during his workshop,  “Remember where you came from.” And remember that the bottom line should be not so much who’s greater than who, but who has the most fun. Not who dances the best, but who’s having the greatest time out there, because, after all, I think that’s what dancing should be. And every one movement & style are unique! It should be part of our life in the cultural way that we experienced it, the important thing is fun and enjoyment.

Thank you Master Serkan! And  Thank you my lovely students.  You are the best and hope all of you continue to dance!  

2 comments:

  1. Ooppss...Love the dance so much! What is the music you use? Why only half taken? I hope to see the whole dancing. Their costume are so pretty and they are so sweet! Annie, you are a very good teacher in belly dance!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana,

    Thank you for your kind words and taking time to comment. Sorry that my camera battery went flat at that time. I dont have the full video. When during performance, really no time for taking the video. This is belly dance fusion choreography and the music is remix version of Oum Kaltoum song! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete