Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Serkan Tutar Workshop in Singapore 2010




It was nice to catch up with so many of you that I hadn't seen in a while. I hope to see you soon.


Special thanks to Ginny & Eva  came out to meet, miss you!






What a wonderful short trip workshop in Singapore!!!! So glad that myself & Emily managed to squeeze into the early bird rate of 11 hours workshop in the last minute. I really wish I could write more comprehensive review to Serkan workshop, but I have nothing else to say…. Just wanted to let you know it was so impressed with not only his dancing but with his wonderful personalities. We were only able to attend the Saturday and Sunday portion, but it was more than well worth every single second. We really enjoyed learning with Serkan! 

I am sometimes a slow learner. I especially enjoyed the part of the combination where Serkan put a fun and cute unique move and took time to break everything down and explain it so well. Just an interesting combination of oriental dance that he created beautifully! I think I brought more away from that weekend than any other workshop we have taken. It was a truly "marvelous" weekend and great fun! 

I first saw Serkan performance in life in studio studio. Serkan improvised with the Percussion artist. And I was thrilled. Just thrilled!! He made smile on my face, I love his performances...Thank you to Yuki arranged the show at the end of the workshop. No word to say,  just looking forward to the next one... and the next one..... 

Anyway, I would take and recommend Serkan workshops to anyone. Thanks again for all your hard work, Master Serkan, I hope you get home safely and can have some rest for a couple days. I miss you so much, so you have to come back as soon as possible, and promise you we do our homework. See you in 2011!! 

Belly dance teachers, as I have already said in a previous post, I believe that teaching is an ongoing learning process, it is worthwhile attending workshops though, as the experience you get and the new ideas are so important for our teaching. Let's keep learning  and dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment