Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Isis Wings & Drum Solo Workshops with Karen Madrid


This will be my last workshop in 2010. The workshop is organized by Ang Mee Mee in Penang on 27th & 28th Nov 2010. If  I don’t  paid  in early, I think I will give an excuse not to attend.  Seriously,  I took up too many workshops this year. I'm on a a bit tight budget in this month due to the floods, class only  started  last night, half of students still not turn up to class,  I’m really looking forward all will come back on this Wednesday,  fingers crossed!  

2nd thing – I don’ t know why  my car’s windscreen cracked, bottom on the drivers side. It started with a fine cracked line and 2nd day was much longer (14”) and  definitely needs to be replaced.  This morning I run out to Toyota workshop replaced a new one. Unfortunately, I don't have the windscreen option on my insurance,  it really burned up my pocket after came back from Ipoh.

Karen came here for  3 years, if I’m not mistaken. This is  my 1st time to learn from her. We met several times when attended others master workshop, and judging the competition & dinner  together. I got a shock when Mee Mee told me Karen is leaving Malaysia and  back to Mexico in  early Jan 2011 PERMANENTLY! Another good dancer/teacher is leaving us!! (Last year was Paola Blanton) I'm so glad that I got the chance to attend her workshops before she leave us.

There will be a farewell buffet dinner for Karen after the Isis Wings workshops on Sunday, 28th Nov in Penang. I don’t know where is the place for the dinner yet, as usual, will call & check it out from  Mee Mee later, make sure I bring my jeans  for photo session! Make sure I bring my wings for workshops!


Karen Madrid, a winner of Jillina's famous Belly Dance Evolution show casting competition will be conducting Isis Wings and Drum Solo for the first time in Penang! Workshops are targeting dancers with Intermediate to Advance level.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment