Friday, June 5, 2009

Teacher -Student -Teacher

I just finished 4 hours private class for Shinny – She is a Yoga Teacher from Langkawi. Last year I took Yoga private class with her. And now it is her turn to learn belly dance class from me. LOL!

Shinny took Hadia Teacher Training in March. She always busy with her yoga class and hardly have chance to attend the belly dance class as nobody is teaching there in Langkawi. She took the private class with me is to learn how to run beginner class and familiarize the movement theory.

Of course, the 1st - 4 hours is definitely not enough to start her belly dance class, she need to work on developing and enhancing skills before start teaching. She believes it takes a life time to master belly dance, and important to learn the roots of the dance. I told her it is important to attend all belly dance class so she can understand it.

Suddenly I find myself amongst people that share my passion and it’s a very gratifying feeling. The best thing I can do for my students is to keep learning new things for myself. I’m a teacher continues to be a student. This is true for all art form. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment