Saturday, June 6, 2009

Raks Assaya (Arabic Cane Dance).


These are Assaya (cane) I decorated for my little girls to dance Raks Assaya (Arabic Cane Dance). Originally the folkloric dance of Upper Egypt or Southern Egypt. It is become widely popular in belly dance today.


I do nothing yesterday just sitting down to do the spiral-warp for my canes. This is 2nd time I decorate the cane, the 1st time was in 2006 when I hosted the cane dance workshop. Oh sigh…my fingers hurts because I choose the shiny type paper. My mom said why I work so hard to those stupid dance chores, I told her it’s my favorite to do anything with belly dance and yet I cant find any cane’s with that length to suit the little girls.

The girls actually saw the adult class doing the cane dance and fell in love and want me to teach them the whole choreography. Oh my goodness, but that music is too long and the choreography is not suitable for kids. Although I can change the few things and add few things for the kids, but I think I am going to mess up all things when I teach or dance, it’ s crazy for me la….


Hence, I have another piece of modern saidi rhythm for 3.27 minutes for you girls, and am sure you love it. We will work on some knowledge of saidi hops, and simple saidi combos with this short choreography. I'm really looking forward to doing it. I can’t wait to present this joyous dance to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment