Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Chat with Young Badminton Player

What’s amazing is that this was the story of a kid, a 13-year old!

It is 2 weeks school holidays, my sister and her kids, Michael & Michelle came back from Penang. Argh….they actually came back to join the badminton tournament.

There is this Kedah Open Badminton Championships going on for 2 days, morning to evening 8pm at ASRC hall. A boy, Ang Chen (son of my sister’s colleague from Penang) who is now study in Singapore Sports School also came along to join the tournament.

Michael & Michelle game are start at 11am while Ang Chen is to play at 8am. When going to work, my sister want me to give Ang Chen a ride to ASRC.

On the way, I asked him about all his passion in badminton. He told me badminton like every other sports where anyone with hard work and passion to make his/her career. All we need to have is will power and willingness to undergo some necessary practice/training and dedication to prove our metal in this sport.

After I dropped him, I got a little inspiration from his story and hard working in training/practice. I wish him one day become a great player like Lee Chong Wai. Anything is possible when you have the WILL! :) Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment