Thursday, June 18, 2009

Competition Song Stuck in My Head...

Last night I started a new choreography for my belly dance troupe to join Malaysian Open Feast Dance 09 competition. Only ¼ part of music done. In early I have 5 students promised to compete, now one student withdraw because family matter. Sigh… I prefer 5 students but it is Okay because I cant force anybody to join.

For the troupe, we use our own music to present a dance of not more than 3 minutes long. The dance can include veil, cane or zills or other appropriate props. My music is too long (sorry a bit secret to tell you what music I am doing) I am looking software to edit the music.

Intermediate soloist – Khai Shin will take part again. She will present a solo with a music of 3+ minutes long provided by the organizer. I will do a choreography for her. If entering final, a new music will be provided by the organizer and she must do her own choreography and I will give some tips later…. And wish her luck, luck luck!

I need to fade the troupe music, search for the costume, check the traveling tickets overnight bus ride to K/L, accommodation and a new choreography for soloist. If the group member are less than 5, I can provide the accommodation (stay in my condo) if they want to come with their family/boyfriend, then you have to find your own accommodation because I have limited room in my condo.

Huh…So many thing to do and so Little Time!!!! Everyday I play the competition song, now I have that song stuck in my head... LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I followed your blog just recently and I think you are such a lovely person. Keep up the good work and your wonderful passion in dancing :)

    ReplyDelete