Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Male Belly Dancing


Yesterday a malay guy called me about belly dance class. He is interested to join and came to meet me. He told me he don’t mind to join the female class, but.... you know, it's all my girls that they mind!

The malay guy is tall and big size, fair skin and working in local hospital. I was curious and torture him with lots of questions, hahaha...He told me he want to experience the health benefits and fun found in this belly dance movement. 2nd thing he love dancing very very much and he is practice at home from the DVDs. He is so eager to take a few classes with me but I need a little guidance about men dancer. I’m sorry that I cant take him to join the female class. If I do, those conservative girls will run away if they see him in the class.

Actually, male belly dancing is becoming more famous nowadays. It is the opposite of what most people think. There are several famous and popular male belly dancers perform in the world. One of male belly dance I know is Alvin from Johore. He is ballroom dance instructor. He started teaching and shimmy since past few years! How many have I left out...? Point is – maybe they are everywhere. He is the only one I known and remember in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment