Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Gold Wings


1st time I saw Wing of Isis by Samra during my hafla show in 2006

I took out my Gold Wings of Isis last night. I didnt hang it up since I last used in last year November. Ai yah....I should keep it hanging rather than in the bag when not in use. The bottom part of pleats not really retain their shape.... I hung it up to remove the crinkles. Ah.... These crinkles are not quite noticeable when I spinning and twirling.

It took me about 4 hours of playing with it to find movements that I liked and I was able to choreography a dance routine in the shortest time ever until 2am!! Yeah….yeah…I had booked a private class with Samra to learn Isis Wings on Friday and going to dance through three days. I have just ordered another set of white wings from her … cant wait to see white colour wings of Isis !!!
Props are very expensive and sometime we need different colours and styles. Swords,
Isis wings, melaya, zills, veils, canes, etc. all cost me a lot of money. Dancing with props is fun, they make me look great! If you have not yet given them a try, I highly recommend doing so!
Oh yaa… Samra called me when she landed in KLIA, the airline lost her suitcase. And my double veils and wings were kept in the suitcase :-( I pray hard she will get back her suitcase in one or two days time.


No comments:

Post a Comment