Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I am blessed...

Yesterday a studio owner called me to teach belly dance at his new studio in town. I went to meet him before I committed to teach. The owner, Mr. Wong has been in ballroom/salsa/line dance for so long and now he decided to open his own studio. Although the studio is still under the renovation, he already has tons of ideas and activities line up to organize. Due to my tight schedule obligation, I am only available for 1-2 class when I finish my private class teaching.
Imaging my surprise at meting him, he told me he knew I teach belly dance through one of the belly dancer in K/L. He spoke to me he knew I actively involved in the workshop and teaches true to my dance education. Thank goodness!! I realised I was recognized through those workshop I attended. I am blessed enough once I calculated the amount of time I participant in workshop previously. I told him I may not be the best dancer but I care about the music and the culture. The important thing is that I learned from it, I am proud of myself for doing as much as I have.
So in belly dancing, there is a true sisterhood/friendship that allows us to grow in the dance and heal the world one shimmy at a time. Being recognized is the extra push I needed to continue the never-ending job, study, practice to become comfortable with the improvisation and feeling the music...

No comments:

Post a Comment