Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ipoh Workshop - Wings & Double Veils Bashing!


The workshop personally for me was a lot of hard work to organise. To support Wendy I drove to Ipoh on Friday morning and I was able to reached there at 10am.
My 3 days trip to Ipoh was over. It could be summed up as one word : "Awesomeness " with wings and double veils bashing!. My 3 hours private session with Samra was Wings of Isis - I learned a really neat arm motion, arm stretch, floor work, and the "peacock walk". I think I understand well enough to practice. I sure wanted to be up on stage with my Goddess Wings! Some day...The double veils workshop personally for me was a lot of hard work to do, I've been having problem with a couple of double veil techniques. Those arms get tired, my head get dizzy, my veils were not totally cooperative while I spinning to get ‘in’ and ‘out’ of them, but I now can separating the veils ending up with one in each hand! Hehe… I'm starting to dig for music to practice this. If I can do this, I can say is WOW! It’s MAGIC. And now I have the tools necessary to start practicing towards that end.
Well, this was my 4th time I attended Samra workshop. This time, I spent a wonderful time with Samra.- a good time to eat together compared to the last time we met in Bali (no time to eat not time to talk) because she was really busy. We share a lot during the break hours and laughed a lot! We had seafood dinner on the 1st day I arrived. Wendy and her parents invited us to eat in the Nyonya Restaurant on the 2nd night! It was delicious nyonya food. And we never forget the Ipoh famous bean sprouts too!!!! I went to Samra’s room to pay a visit to her costume (I knew she brought her new costume for her next workshop and hafla performance in Hanoi) She showed me how she made her new costume. I think I got my idea for my latest costume now.
A Well good things had to come to an end. Time to say goodbye and. I don’t know when to meet her again. Going to miss her ….but well, I’m not worry, we always communicate on line. And now my focus is to continuously learn everything about belly dance. Goodbye...my dear Samra, sure we will meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment