Thursday, August 6, 2009

Belly Dance Marketing

Why do I love belly dance? So many reasons, so little time….. There is so much involved in becoming a great dance teacher, including networking, marketing, combining business ideas, teaching style, and art ethics...
When talk about marketing, I’m terrible poor at it. Because I hate to spend any time, effort, or money on marketing. In my dance journey, I too tend to “not like” marketing! I would rather keep myself with a low profile and just go forward with the people who really want to get to the heart of things and learn HOW to dance. I am always happy when I do things this way and although my students may not be as many, they are very faithful and they make me very proud.
Marketing activities bring in customers, without them I have no business. This makes marketing the most important activity I can do. After all, customers do not simply show up and throw money at me, right? Without marketing, I have no students to support me or buy my belly dance stuff. Without marketing, I have no class to teach. The thing is that I hate it but I stink at it. Um… huh? That’s because I want to be in business, business in my dancing. I cant do everything just because of love, I need to survive and I need to continue educate myself. And most people are this way now, they may obviously have a great marketing angle as dance has become business and not art now.
At this point, how do you market with others the same thing in your local area? This (marketing) all may sound like a lot of work and it is. Like most things in life, the value of what I work on is only reveled in the time and energy I deliver to it. A wonderful part of this is that not only do the students study with me, but we also learn from each other by sharing experiences and brainstorming.

In the meantime, it might just be best to save me all a big headache and work on my planning rather than thinking how I can sell something and watch my money roll in....

No comments:

Post a Comment