Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What is Everyone's Favorite Part for Competing?

Last night I brought up the Malaysian Open Dance Fest 09 event in the kids belly dance class. So far I never mention to this group because they are completely brand-new, only 1 of them have had prior latin dance competition experience. I think this sounds impossible especially when they only took belly dance lessons in the past two months. BUT, I got a good news right after I announced this competition event in the class. One of the kid, Grace went home and told her mummy she want to go for the competition. Ah, Well, I am constantly amazed she is keen to challenge herself.
Honestly it took me a while to make a decision on whether I should let her enter the competition or not. Grace is 9, she has entered Latin Novice experienced and she is ballet dancer. I was actually afraid she push herself too hard to do well instead of relaxing....and I'll totally suck at it.
I was chatting with the organizer today. well, initially the organizer didn’t open the kid individual belly dance (age below 12). The organizer will add in the category later if there are many contester sign up, otherwise Grace have to participate under the newcomer division (open) with that music : Ana Yalli Bahebak (I’m sick of listen this music).
Grace had shown a keen interest in belly dance. Seeing the eagerness and the interest she was showing, I called Grace’s Mummy and I took the initiative and I encouraged her - certainly going to let her try. I decided to teach her a new choreography separately at private class (since she wanted the private class on the 1st lesson).
What is everyone's favorite part about competing? I use competitions to spur myself on to achieve my goals in dancing, choreographing and the goal for me is to measure my progress.
I appreciate Grace’s mummy hard work for sending her girl to participating in various dance competitions, getting ready, doing her hair and make up. Cheers for Grace Mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment