Monday, July 27, 2009

What I did these few days...

Well, I’ve been off-line for a couple of days. Had a very cool, very important thing I needed to pay some attention to. No, I didn’t pay attention to my dance practice or do my choreography. Oh dear, been really busy these days. Hardly have any time to even log onto the net. A little preview of what I did these few days....
I searched the fabric for the costume, the turquoise blue for troupe dance seem to require a bit more effort. And for the solo, I don't know where to find the fabric in blue/gold stripes. Let's face it, I feel costuming is a very important part of the overall look and dance, it's the first thing the audience sees. I do try to match the music and dance style when possible. Then the price is an issue, I can’t really expect my student to purchase what is still consider too expensive. I have been to every store in my place here and neighboring states, I still cant find my particular fabric, oh.... No time left! So many things to do, so little time!! I'll probably looks for something quick and nice and comfortable...
No 2. Had a very cool, very important guest visited me. We talked a lot, contemplated a lot, and just generally had a very good time I think.

No. 3, I received a bad news that my cousin’s daughter (Li-Ming) at age 26, just fought lymphoma cancer couple weeks ago. I went to visit her and she is undergoing chemotherapy treatment. Her mood swings are getting unbearable. I know she's under TONS of stress right now and obviously it's been a very hard time for the family. She told me she want to go to belly dancing class after the treatment, I am very happy to see her determined to change her lifestyle. Most lymphomas can be cured. Six months of chemotherapy (roughly) she will get back to normal again. Best of luck to her and wish her get well soon!!.


No comments:

Post a Comment