Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WOOOOOO.... Shimmy Shimmy

Ouch! I did choo choo shimmy, choo choo step more last night. The good news is that my calf muscles heal much more quickly this time. I still avoiding impact activity and wearing flat to work, so I look short with flat shoe, fine for me during the recovering process.


Choo Choo shimmy, as far as I know is also known as the Tahitian shimmy. It is perform on our toes, and is a calf killer if you haven't worked up the strength and stamina. To practice, keep a soft knee (bend knee), make sure you're in correct posture! The balls of your feet stay on the ground, step right - push right hip up, step left - push left hip up, the push is from hamstring, start slowly and speed up, when you choo choo, every time you step your hip goes up. I know it's hard and this is a bit messy to explain without a visual, but hopefully this will help out my students.


Flutter shimmies (Abs shimmies) are what is killing me right now! For a long time I have been trying to learn this wonderful abs muscle control in hopes of being able to layer belly rolls with shimmies. I was lying in bed to go to sleep last night and practiced a little. I put hands on my stomach, pant and try to feel muscles use, then exhale let my tummy hang out. Then without inhaling, suck my stomach back in. Then let it out, suck it, suck it, suck it… OMG, I was like my over heated dog trying to cool down, the poor thing is that the diaphragm moving around my belly really made disgusting squishy noises, end up I get hungry and get some biscuits to fill my stomach. It was fun :)


WOOOOOO Shimmy Shimmy… WOOOOOO Bellydancing love it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment