Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh and something different....

Over the weekend, my neighbour Kang, who is also my schoolmate, has been living in K/L for more than 20 years, came back and invited me for his daughter’s wedding dinner on Friday night. Wow… I met so many of my classmates that night. But truth is, about half of them were from my primary-secondary school and I usually forget that we were primary classmates… I was invisible to them and they were too ‘advanced’ for me (my mum didn’t allow me to hang out or catch a movie or go out last time) so we never really knew each other after I left the school. I was surprise only 2 ladies on that dinner table. Kang told me that others girls he invited did not turn up.

We talked a lot. Although this gathering is last minute planned by Kang, I was glad that we get along well and have a long laugh with. Also surprised and sad to hear 3 of my classmates sudden passed away. My prayers go to his young family. I hope god gives them strength and courage to navigate through these rough seas of life.

Yeah, long story short. After dinner, we hung out in the karaOk cafĂ© near my house. I never been there before - its a private members club... but very nice!!! A great place to hang out! Later, I don’t know who put up the tunes of Indian music, everyone, I mean everyone - the guests and staff were clapping and singing along and gave me a very warm welcome. It was very strange to me when they pulled me to the dance floor. As not to disappoint everyone, I did belly dancing and I felt completely lost in the music and the everyone was lost in there with me. Haha…One of my all time favourite dance moments so far, powerful and moving. I wouldn't normally dream of such a thing and was still very strange I belly dance in my jeans!


Alright, I’m done with the mildly interesting thoughts I had floating around my head for a bit. Time to go back to work. Oh, before I go, just one little bit more: And some friends, you just lose touch with when you grow up

No comments:

Post a Comment