Thursday, January 7, 2010

They Would Never Skip A Warm Up


Last night, we had belly dance fusion class with lots of arabesque step which requires the extension of the leg behind the body., I took extra time to stretch my calf muscles before I dance to it. I still can felt my calf muscle ache when I speed up the step, I slow down more and remember I'm not going to injure myself again. But also remember that, I must take care of myself, then I can help to take care of others.


I have a group of young teenagers in my new beginner class, some of them might be tempted to simply skip my warm up session or tend to ‘sembang’. I noticed couple of time they will often not move to the floor while others are doing the warm-up drills. While warming up is a simple thing, it is often neglected by young teenagers, especially those who are less experienced and those who always have to rush to class by their parents. It would pain me when they shortcuts my warm up session.


I raised up my voice by calling them to move to the floor for whole warm up session. I told them to remember Warm up Results “If you don't adequately and properly warm up, you are not experiencing the gains you could, and you're definitely increase your risk of injury. And would get hurt and be out of action for months, my warming up is only 5-6 minutes long, for the best results, it is important to warm up every time you start dancing with me!”


Wakaka….they would never skip a warm up again. It is amazing...sometimes the "teacher voice" is class management. This also make me in love with teaching and I'm having a lot of fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment