Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Jam-packed Weekend..

This week I was packed with work and am bracing myself for another jam-packed weekend...private class & rehearsal... rehearsal... And working for 8 hours straight on a rushing for hari raya festival shut down, I didn't even have the time to drink water... my lips were as dry as the Sahara desert by the time I was done!
Competition... Competition...My kids are going to the talent show competition! Mummies also busy let her daughters a slot in. In fact, the kids put themselves through so much stress to beat other dancers for a trophy? Pity them, I saw them already full of sweat. Why are dances going this far?
I found it delightful to watch a little girl get up and dance. In family parties, wedding dinner, there is always a ‘little bright star’ that just loves to dance. The adults encourage her and everyone becomes totally inspired, whatever their style!
I would rather go to the dancers’ showcases or concerts that highlight excellent dancing, too, to have the influence of the great choreographers. Also, I can't stand to watch trick after trick.. Argh! I want to see real creativity! I want to see artistic choreography! Dance is not all about the tricks...just because someone has mastered the tricks, doesn’t mean they can DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment