Thursday, August 5, 2010

Practice ‘Ugh!’

I woke up today feeling much better. I’ve had a sore throat for a few days, but it’s better now, and it doesn’t hurt anymore. I just have a bit of a dry cough. It was about 8am when I got out of bed.

What a busy day, back to class this morning. The studio were occupied with the activities! I saw the ballroom dancers effort practicing the transitions into and out of difficult turns, leaps and tricks in the sequences. Huh….everyone wants to do difficult choreography. More challenging steps for their dance competition routines. they can hardly breathe after the first two sections, pity them, but that's life!

The kids drum solo piece are going smoothly, and I'm really enjoying it. They have to keep moving for few hours. It is so full on, they will be so fit by the end of this season. So I'm glad that they enjoy at least my choreography. I've told them we will rehearse on next Tuesday because they bodies need a break.

Yay! I got a lot of positive feedback from teachers and peers. Apparently, I've become a really strong dancer and I'm really happy to hear that. It's nice to know that people have noticed that I've improved. Hmmm…after several more years, I finally found the answer!! I feel good at the moment, especially with this week. Anyway, belly dance is not something that we can do overnight to a variety of belly dance music, it is time/energy investment to learn the art! God will guide me in time. For now, I know He wants me to keep pushing and work as hard as I can. And I will do it.

I am going to the musicians on the tabla and flute workshop on Sunday, looking forward to learn how to dance interactively to live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment