Saturday, August 21, 2010

Count Down To 2nd Malaysian Open Dance Fest 2010

Then again, this week has been rather crazy (this is true for competition month).

As a teacher, from the day I choreographed the dance for my students, they practiced, I videoed, refined it, and I listened to every nuance of the music, every dum and tek, work on the technique and focus, then practiced some more….. I know their legs hurt and exhausted! So sorry to push you guys so hard, I must say I need to show my very best to raise the standard belly dancing worldwide! It will help you improve your dancing and raise your profile like nothing else.

My students and their families are excited to go to Malaysian Open Dance Fest (MODF) on 28 August!! My three little belly kids will be competing again after a break! I love their new costume designs! Wow… I called up the organiser about the registration, I was told the response is great. Thumps up for a very organized approach to preparing for a comp...

Now, before I continue with this post, I'd like to mention two things :

To me dancing is a physical response to the music. If you’re not responding to the music, what in the bejeesus are you doing out there? I will tell you what – exercising/shaking. And watching someone else exercise/shaking isn’t inspiring to me. I have to say, I am a little tired of people not listening at all to the music. A very important part of that substance is working with the music, not a tricks/flash. Come on! You are in a finals and you are creative souls and it is up to you to make something awesome out of that music. So, hmmm….. I want to see the belly dance art - at least dance it in Rhythm! Sorry to be so forward.

Do I get to see you on the floor soon?? Best of luck to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment