Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bored With Music


I was full of energy and having a great time with three little kids and have a marvelous time practice yesterday. Yay! The three little kids are ready for the competition. I asked them what is your goal in this competition. One of them said this : “Teacher, my goal is to be in the top ten so that I can at least be seen by the judges. Once  I enter in a competition, I can't stop thinking about it until I win it. I am just way too competitive and I refuse to lose”.  My 8 years old student said to learn the experience in learning! Wow…. I am proud of her confidence to challenge herself !! 

As a former dance teacher and choreographer, I am addicted to choreography and the more I have choreographed, the more I learned! But now, I am bored with my old favorites belly dance music - ‘Ya Salem Al  Baledi’. This is the 4th time I creating  the choreograph for ‘Ya Salem Al  Baledi’. Listen to the music, choreograph dances in my head,  there is also much effort was put in the background to make the dance look as good as it does.  I believe I am very generous in my teaching, trying always to give all that I know. I experiment all the time and get a great deal of satisfaction when my students are able to learn from me. This is one of the most important reasons that drives me to teach.

For some,  winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.  Then for others, winning is perhaps at best a desire but definitely not the main objective of competition. Again for this competition, I have seen the list of  all contestants. And I think other people also seen it too! It’s not surprise! My three little kids are going to challenge it. It is always an exciting experience to watch. Anyway, the bottom line is we are tuning in to see the DANCES. Not the judges, not political issues!

The Under 12 category competition was filled with almost 20 contestants!  Good luck to all category Under 12 dancing kids (I know how hard you have all been working).  Go and Rock the dance floor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment