Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life is hard when my legs don’t work



This is a busy BLOG this week.  I am busy working on a few new projects as well as performing so it's turning out to be an extremely busy and hectic  -  which is GREAT! I love to keep busy and not one to sit around waiting for the phone to ring.   

Met one of my friend B, we talked over the phone  for more than an hour. We finally agreed to meet at a restaurant near my working place. B had spooked me some new plans.  He had relationships with the great Federal Government.  He just sat in his seat and  filtered out saying over and over, but me at one point is not going to look for a job elsewhere, and not going to involve anything to do with politics & government  issues!  

There are just so many things to do, and really not enough time. Sometimes I really hate it, but I do appreciate the fact that I always have something to do. Well, here's a quick update :

My plans back to Egypt are under way. I have many master workshop line up to host!  I've reply e-mails to all the companies that I plan to host for. Much harder than it sounds though….Oh, I  have to extremely careful with my pocket (money).

I sat for my private Yoga course. I've been working on it since June.  It's taken up a lot of my time and has caused me a lot of stress. However, all the hard work has paid off and my dance technique has improved noticeably. Now I just have to wait few more weeks  before I get my results. I'm not too bothered if I don't get a high mark, because the main thing is that I have gotten better.

The 1st belly dance competition is on 14 August 2010 at Sekolah Menengah Keat Hwa (Private) Alor Setar, Kedah. For this competition, I've been working  on  a few different  piece  of choreographies  for the same music.  Saying that, I had actually spent much time to ‘think harder to find a character’ to suit the students. I don't drive myself crazy with the steps  or over use the steps or props to attract the  judges/audience.  Honestly, I am really  serious about dancing and art!  I am not saying that I'm perfect choreographer, but it has been such a good experience to challenge my  choreographies! Anyway, the contesters  will only get 3 minutes to show what you can do, the  important it is to 'feel' the music! Also,  it’s  time  to see what people react to it and see how the judges’ scores and comments (But sadly, in all belly dance  competition we participated, we never have a chance to read the judges  scores and comments)  

Our rehearsal class start this week, class will be full on.  Every time I finish something, something else pops up and I find myself being constantly tired. For me, life is hard when my legs don’t work, and my eyes are failing. Hehe…. God has blessed me with a talent and I am making full use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment