Sunday, February 21, 2010

Simple Costume .

Again, have you been enjoying your Chinese New Year holidays? I have, needless to say. After the long Chinese New Year holiday, I am back to work. I was a bit late for work because I faced with the usual dilemma of ‘what to wear ‘in the morning. Hmmm… with so much delicious food, drink and amount of beauty sleep, now I’m gaining too much weight and in a bad shape. Can you believe that I spent almost 20 minutes on deciding what to wear? And too bad my new clothes were too tight to fit in my body. Tonight, we have a big family united for the Emperors Gods praying. Tomorrow, I will meet my friends for the 3rd rounds “lo sang” and I must must must keep my weight under control.


I have just had our new performance outfits arrived yesterday. Before I decide what to wear for the ‘Chap Goh Meh’ performance, I looked on the website but couldn’t find out what to match up for me. Aw….I used to feel pressured to find a new costume for each group performance, especially stage shows.


In fact, I hesitate to order the costume at local belly dance merchandise because I don’t want to wear the same costume other dancers wearing. Although it is cheap and easy costumes to get. It happened to me when I bought something thought it were gorgeous, I packed and kept it nicely for my next performance, I noticed that my favorite costume appeared all over in town. I didn’t seem to thrilled to put it on. I know a costume is only material, I still would put thought into it, particularly when I noticed all dancers appeared in the same costume in every town. One thing I realized the costume is nice and it is important to match the style of dance and music that we are portraying.


Our group performance is 5 minutes music at the public area. I don’t waste time for beautiful belts or bras and take 2 hours to get ready to dance for 5 minutes. Our costumes are simple, black yoga pants, top, hip belt in my student troupe. That’s all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment