Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me & Titilayo..

Well, Kids belly dance class resumed last night. It’s a great thing, too. As usual, I have to rush to the Happy Kids nursery centre to fetch Titilayo to the dance class. Titi (I call Titi for short) started taking lessons when she was 6. She is an extremely shy kid who loved to dance.

Titi is in standard one school now. Since then she has had a very full schedule. Her mom forced to cancel her belly dance class due to time constrain and cannot leave work to send her, I believe homework is one of the rea¬sons the parent are all often stressed and high-strung.

Titi told her mom she really want to continue dancing. Her mom called me to discuss about the arrangement. So I promised to pick Titi when I’m on way out to studio every time. But …. somehow, for the last few weeks, I forgot to pick her to studio. I called back right away to apology when I saw six missed calls on my phone, I simply forgot.

And now every Tuesday, Titi difinitely will text me sms “remember to pick me” or “don’t forgot me”, “see you at 5.30pm”.

I reached Happy Kids nursery centre earlier than usual yesterday. (Thanks for Titi’s sms) On the way out to studio, I asked Titi , "Why do you want to dance with me, I always scold you in the class?” to which without hesitation she answered, "I don’t know, I just want to dance, and mommy said teacher scold me is pushing me to learn". I bit my bottom lip as her words touched my heart. I was taking it one moment at a time, trying to figure out, how dancing can affect her to come back to studio. She has really come out of her shell and she loves dancing. Her next recital is in June and I can't wait to see her dancing on stage again. I’m so proud of her!

Oh well, lesson learned. Once I have made a commitment, stick to it, even though to a kid, keep my carpool commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment