Sunday, February 7, 2010

Latest Trend Belly Dance??

The weekend is here. Last Night I went to CNY dinner, and I saw a famous singer performed belly dancing to Shakira’s Ojos Asi. The singer announced this is the latest trend of belly dancing. OMG :o I was not in a good mood to watch "this kind of belly dance". Something has gone wrong in belly dance world. I was just wondering what style she does when she does do the movements. There was so much more in dancing than just the movements. I swear to you that she is not a belly dancer, no matter what movements she used. I am saying she is a talented singer, but she is not a belly dancer. She make's me wondered is the art of belly dance shaking for pay off ? Excuse my harshness, I just have had this stuff too much lately.


Just uploaded a short video to share. The video quality was not good, I took it from the wide screen monitor because I was sitting pretty far from the stage.




I found a nice article http://www.shira.net/likestrip.htm. It does a nice job of explaining some great benefits and the history of belly dancing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! I hope that someday, someone will tell her that this is not belly dancing at all! She is making all of us look bad. Sigh..

    ReplyDelete