Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chap Goh Meh

Huh…. I'm feeling under the weather! Temperature over this week has been hovering at about 37°C. It is lovely hot hot HOT!

Tomorrow is Chap Goh Meh (15th day of the Lunar Month) which is last day of CNY festiv
al. Usually unmarried man & women will throw mandarin oranges into the river or sea with a wish to find their life partner on this day. If you are single, bring along the mandarin oranges there and make a wish (I never try before, should try whether it work?) Here to warn you, the mandarin oranges will be more more expensive!

We are performing at Chap Goh Meh eve festival tonight, organised by the Kedah Dance Associates at Telekom Tower. Hurray Hurray !! Whole morning was busy packing “what to bring” there. I felt like I am like my students’ mommy now. I care much more about my students, called up to check who didn’t get the yoga pants, I dig out mine to borrow them, who didn’t have the gold color hip scarves , I 'cari 'for them, blah blah blah….. and get ready to do ‘make up’ for the girls now. I find myself soooooooo "into" my job, Hokkien say,
Pao Sua Pao Hai’ (cover the mountain cover the sea)!! I am a Pao Sua Pao Hai Teacher, hehehe....

So please come to join and support the festival. My lovely students, if you are not perform, please come to help us to ‘jaga’ (look after) our belongings, too many people hang around in this area.


Bye! See you there tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment