Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Mood

Where has the time gone? This means we're just 3 weeks away from Christmas. December is sure to get anyone in the “holiday mood”. Well, It is time to take a break from your work to enjoy some relaxation with your family. Others, like my students, they are on vocations. I know the "holidays mood” and its attendant "spirit" will soon be in the air. So my new class still not open yet.
I remember one of my friend told me that in our journey for survival we did not find time to enjoy and keep each other company; like what his Australian friend once told him – “You Malaysian don’t know how to enjoy over a dinner together!” You know why he said this? Because each time when my friend have a dinner with him, my friend always rush in and rush out to answer the phone call. While, when the dinner is plan, this Australian friend make sure the dinner is 4-5 hours long with lots of beers and wine, and surely there must be Karaok lor. This Australian friend really make so much fun for every one! All of them will be drunk and dancing and singing “We are the world” together, hugging each other and everyone singing like drunken frogs.

I think what he told me is true, we fail to enjoy. We work hard and miss to enjoy hard. This made me think about the importance of my daily work or dancing in my life. As it is with dancing, I think I physically and mentally suffer when I'm not writing (lot of tasks because of planning). For the past few weeks, I haven't been writing anything much, I felt crabby and just plain out of sorts....

Now I am just catch up on reading or continue to write, either out of habit or simply because I don't have a house full of relatives visiting. Yahoo.... I am also taking a very short break to go to Pangkor Island next week and then Bangkok. I will keep working, keep posting, keep dancing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment