Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Truthful and Honest

Someone asked me yesterday for tips on how to market themselves as a dancer and instructor. WEEEE! She asked the wrong person! I’m poor in marketing, poor to ‘sell’ myself and my products. I remember one of my good friend told me, I should go ahead and “re-brand” the word sell myself, but I don't like to ‘big talk to promote’ so I have never seen it as any serious option. So my reply was simply to do this in a truthful and honest way.

I know why I dance, where I take inspiration, why I teach and how my training helps to convey this to my students. And I believe I really do. My organization is now only a small group of people, my teaching is about opening my students eyes to all the world has to offer. I think this is an honest approach will only quicken my process, helping the right match to be made. Other than doing my best to inspire others and continue dancing. I share my work with the rest of the world as it can give a lot of inspiration in return. This will be exciting!

Time will tell, they are all a part of myself, my own work, my own achievements, and what I stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment