Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nagging Talk

After the oriental workshop then tribal belly dance workshop. Ugh! My head is FULL. Good thing I got the video to review. I tried out what some of the more complex combinations were taught in Dina’s workshop. I danced and took the video before I forgot everything. I won’t be teaching most of what I learned in Dina’s workshop, but I am adapting some of it to practice, and paring it down and use it in my class later.

In these times I realized that I have so many things I want to accomplish and learn, and I am busy with my dance homework, work out what moves I actually do in my current performance repertoire. Thank God that I have lots of inputs!! Huh….the only thing I wonder…… can we Malaysian dance like an Egyptian? I want so much for this art form that it burns a fire in my heart. If you ask me what is my future plans, well, improve my own capacity for oriental dance…. and keep dancing is my answer.

Here are something that bothers me. Something really weird is happening. My cellphone's beeping sound woke me up last night. I grabbed my cellphone and sleepily pushed the keys and read the message. It seems hard for me to believe when someone forwarded me the ugly message. I’m feeling like …..blahhhhhhh….. So my question is, do people really do these things to get attention? I wondered, when the belly dance community is developing…why are belly dancer feeling insecure? Does your insecurity drive you bring another down, to feed your thriving ego?.

Another practice is, some dancers are pretty smart when it comes to marketing. For example, I just discovered a belly dancer, promoting her dance by using my event’s photos. This is particular type of false advertising. I get really annoyed and I’m going to FIRE the person to take out my photo.

Oppps… sorry too much nagging today!

Salamaat!

No comments:

Post a Comment