Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just A Thought

YMCA Penang Ballroom Club is organizing the 2nd National Dance Competition. I received the music for belly dance competition. The music is – Aswan Dancer 2.37 min open for all level in this individual category.

To me, I don’t like the competition idea. But this seems to be the way its going and a lot of people want it. You will see more and more of them in the competition. When my students want to take the challenge, I would never stop them. I admit, I think that there are some positive things that competitions can bring – in a way of motivating them to really try and improve their dancing, which is great! My students, if you want to join the competition, bear in mind that Belly dance is a personal feeling response of a dancer to the music, and also the audience to the dancer. So every dancer is different, but doesn’t mean one is a winner, then another one is a loser.

I have a busy few weeks ahead of us! Not only myself teaching the weekly classes, but I have a new class organized and I have two workshops and a performance coming up! So, choreographing this year has been such an eye opening experience and a huge challenge for me. Oh how wonderful, we are going to start our rehearsal soon right after Qingming Festival. If you think you want the best “shows” are onstage, come to rehearsal.


No comments:

Post a Comment