Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tribal Dancer Spectacular!!!


Finally we ‘graduated’ from Tribal Style Belly Dance Malaysia with Nanci Traynor on 25 April 2010. Only 6 of us completed all the 30 hours workshop Series!!! I just wanted to say a great big thank you to my students who had made their commitment for tribal workshop! And another great thank you to instructors from Penang who graciously re-arranged their schedules to fill in for the 5 series workshops. For those who is not complete all the series workshop (due to the busy schedule), I hope you can continue to do some tribal class if you still want to dance in that style - it's great for improving your technique and widening your perspective.


Having graduated doesn’t mean that we are going to be a ‘Tribal Star’. One of the things I admired about Tribal dancers is their awesome techniques. It is clearly that we need yoga to improve our strength and flexibility. The best part is focused on different formations and collaborative relationships within the dance, including duets, trios, one-two-triplet, and open chorus. The more when I learn, I realize how much I haven't seen or thought about yet and realize how much more there is to know. Yes…. I like the dance is about "collaboration, not competition.


And now….I am looking forward to perform in a never-before-seen Tribal dancers from Nanci Tribe and jamming together on Malaysia 3rd World Belly Dance Day Charity Event !! 9 of us will be on the stage for 10 minutes. Wow… I don’t know what is the music is going to play and imaging we will moves rather than choreographing the entire dances. Cant wait for the magic and power that is group synchronies belly dance with Tribe at this wonderful community group. Yeah…. Can’t wait to share in the joy…..!

No comments:

Post a Comment