Monday, May 17, 2010

Tied Together With A Smile....

I just watched the video which my students wore their new and sexy costume performed belly dance fusion on mother’s day event last week. The audience loved them and broke into loud applause! I have very few words for their performance because it was Great! They killed it on the stage with their sexy costume! I found a creative way to tie their arm and leg with velvet ribbon, which created a very fusion effect when the girls need to touch their leg for the dance.

Seeing them on the video, it brought back a feeling was the desire to work with the girls who share my passion for belly dance. I appreciate the effect of good costuming for a group choreography. I appreciate everybody’s hard work for sewing the costume! When Arabesque Troupe was formed, the experience of the excitement growing from time to time, along with the challenge and the beauty of working as a team and creating something beautiful together.

Behind of the stage, I am glad to see a journey of friendship, learning and mutual respect. And thank you for willing to go the extra mile to get things done, running around town to shopping for fabrics, buy accessories and props, appointment with the tailor, and never-ending phone call chains that flow within the group efficiently.

I will continue to create supportive environments for my students to explore. This feeling was stronger than the desire to perform and continue growing as a dancer, which is strong as ever and I’m working super…super…. hard each day to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment