Sunday, May 16, 2010

Aziza Workshop!


It's been quite a few yrs since I took Aziza workshop. This time, I felt great back to her drum solo workshop, she really gave me feedback and answer questions. But I only had 5.5 hours with Aziza compare to last time with her in Singapore. And yes, I still kept all the videos Aziza did in the class. Seeing Aziza dance is sure to put a smile on my face! I can honestly say she is such a sweet lady who was genuinely friendly.

In the evening, we worked on 4 minutes drum solo choreography. At the end of the workshop, we were divided into 2 groups and practiced the choreography again and again! Wow…imaging how fast we picked up the drumsolo choreography in 2.5 hours. The great thing is Aziza asked all the belly dance teachers to dance. I did not want to volunteer as I just want to be a student on that day. Suddenly, I heard my name called. Without hesitation, I went on the floor, I was nervous to be performing in front of all dancers/teachers. But when with Aziza’s voice companion to shower me, I did the whole dance with the teacher level group! Although there are parts of the choreography I didn't get (the tricky bit at the mid of the choreography happened while I was in the back). I remember how she thanked all the teachers with tears in her eyes for having that ……and I had tears in my eyes…… Aziza is the true dancer, her feeling and understanding of the music is deep in her soul. She is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment