Monday, November 9, 2009

Rehearsals Month

We just finished our rehearsal in the hotel last Saturday. We sweat a lot because no air conditioning supply during that time and we only have 2 stand fans. It was pretty tough and we did many rounds for the group dance. Every year, I have new students, and they never attend the hafla before. Usually I will encourage them to perform if their confidence built up.

I ‘screwed’ my students when they don’t pay attention. We have so much to do and so little time! We only have 4 hours for the rehearsal in the hotel. Ugh... So sorry... When it comes to performance, there are rehearsals to attend, choreography to learn, costumes, accessories and some extra make-up to purchase. There are photos, video need to be taken, tickets for the show for family and friends, etc..& etc. So here to remind you, every performing is expensive!!! Aside from the money, there is time commitment! It is good manners to show up for all of these rehearsals, so that is a major time commitment.

Group Dance - We had spent the entire month of October learning and practice. The back row dancers is sometimes more important than the front- especially when in formations. Plus, sometimes it's easier to see the back dancers depending on where we are sitting. Performing can be one of the greatest experiences in your dance studies. Just remember, enjoy this moment and keep in mind that you are part of the group.

By the time we done with the rehearsals, we were exhausted. I came home and I was a zombie for most of Saturday. I just do nothing and went in bed at 9pm. More rehearsing tomorrow, my stress levels are going through the roof! I have dances to learn, so I’d better get back to it. Okay, time to get some sleep. See you very soooooooooon.
















No comments:

Post a Comment