Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Magical Wings

I absolutely love my white Wings. I have wanted to dance to it for over a year. I finally found it...I appreciated so much the techniques I learned the bird arms to hold, to swirls and learned which muscles move when practice. Thank you to Asyhe private workshop. I got a ton out of this workshop. What I can say is that it was incredible, the best workshop experience but I honestly can't really talk about it. Anybody who want to learn the completely wings techniques, stay tune for Asyhe workshop, I will let you know when these are, as soon as I’ve finalised everything.

However, I am proud of my performance as that was completely improvised from my heart. I don’t smile when I danced with my wings but the music made me move gracefully with them, I love the sexy dance walks with wings, I made myself sexy...hehe. This was a lovely experience. Ayshe said this : Wings are absolutely unforgiving: used in an amateurish manner, they will exaggerate postural ineptness and inadequate muscular control. Oh my wings...I am pushing myself harder than ever maintaining the "line" of the body, a strong, elongated, arched silhouette bespeaking thoughtful study and practice. I'm looking forward to the end result almost as much as I'm enjoying the journey.

Well, my white costume really work for my barrel turn, the flow and the music. I started sewing the bra top just before 5 days of hafla. Thankfully, it is not heavily sequined, so even if my shimmies were fairly small, the stage lights reflecting off the sequins made them visible.

My friend wanted to borrow my white costume, I’ve been wanting to work on a new costume for awhile now. I have many inspirations that are helping me to create a look that is my own. I want to create new bra, harem pants, and a skirt.

It was magical with wings...... Hope to see you there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment