Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rehearsal + My New Choreography

More practicing with my students this week, which is a good opportunity to learn & polish their dancing skill! Last week, we did our 3 hours of rehearsal. It's just that we only manage to spend about two hours on actual dancing most times because there is always ‘SEMBANG KUAT’ (so much talking)!! No idea why so much talking when girls meet up… I want them really dance most of it, and I never stop the music. It was awesome! They worked really hard. Then we will start video recording next week.
And tonight we have another session for All students practice. I am not sure how long we can do it, some of students make noise because wanted to leave early and I do have to leave at 9.30pm to travel to K/L. Again, my fault for not communicating as well as I maybe could be, but we have all been busy at work, so tonight, be PATIENCE to wait for your turn to dance.
My new Choreography! My 4 minutes new piece! It's a great challenge to dance it with the energy. I don't think I've ever driven myself so hard this time, especially in time to music, I dance – Relax! One of student used to worry a lot more about how her danced compared to other people. I mean she bothered and worried about what people say and think about her… Makes me shiver when I think about someone bitching with someone else about me being ugly stupid or whatever… It’s kind of like, well you are surrounded by their big rolling EYES!!! Ah, here’s where I share my epiphany with her. I told her just be yourself lahNo matter how hard you decided to try, you'd never be somebody else, better or worse. And she replied this : "Yes, I'm ME now, As of right now, be myself, act as myself!! So much so that I always see myself from the mirror..."
Well, don’t want this turns out to be so ‘Cheong Hei…(long winded)’ I had so many dance-related thoughts that I've been having a hard time concentrating on just one of them long enough to write a whole blog about it. There's also so much crazy things have been happening in my life. That's what this entry is dedicated to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment