Sunday, October 18, 2009

Before Show Pep Talk

Just a quick update for here...as it's been an eventful week....too busy to blog! what a busy and tiring week so far, but it's also meaningful that I am doing the never-ending task of organizing my belly dance stuff !!!
I am preparing the ‘candle’ for our opening dance. The dancers will hold a ‘candle’ in a cup in each hand. The group choreography is really nice and simple for all level, the song is upbeat famous superstar song. My student is worrying the ‘candle’ will drop and their hair are going to set on fire! Haha... I promise, we don’t need fire brigade or a fire hose on the night. We will dancing in safe! Of course I try to keep it a surprise to them until I show them the ‘candle’! I just got the cup today but the shape, size and color of glass is very simple design. Be patience, give me sometime to decorate the candle and the cup!
I am racking my brains on this one - hafla program. This is our 3rd year of the hafla celebration belly dance, so I already know pretty much what to expect. This year, Beside my troupe dance and 5 of my students are doing their solo dance, we have hip hop team from Penang to perform. Woohoo! The program timing is very tight! One of my student brought up our program matter, and I agreed on her point of view! We need impact, we want more and more people to understand and appreciate belly dance as an art form and as a profession, no dance competition whereby we are all in learning stage.
One of my class have currently been suspended as a lot of time is being put into rehearsal class. I can see my students are so excited. They arrived early in studio get the before-show peptalk and have a short session for the dress rehearsal. Our costumes are all different, we have red, blue and white for opening dance colors. One has an all out cabaret costume, another a colorful gypsy skirt, yet another a fancy custom-made costume... It was fantastic!
My student are ready to go on stage. I have no new dances ready, so should I dance? Again
racking my brains on this ....

No comments:

Post a Comment