Friday, February 6, 2009

Wonderful gathering party last night!!!

It was so comfortable and relax because we don’t wear the heavy beaded costume or surprising number of layers. As a belly dancer, I usually takes average of 1 - 2 hour to get ready for a performance and sometime for Tribal dance, it can take upwards of 2 – 3 hours to get ready, from the hair and makeup to literally layers of clothing. I don’t purposely call my students to come back to practice, as I know you guys been busy with your CNY schedule. Some of my students said they have forgot the choreographies since the brake of CNY. I actually don’t mind if you forgot , but I want you to do something, don’t stand there, get your whole body bouncing to the music, doing whatever step you like best.

I choose a piece of 5 minutes long music, get everyone to line up and dance, although don’t choreographed in advance, I did what I have in my mind, turn on something with a really steady beat (the album *Best of Talakik) get them shake and bounce to the beat, bounce to the music. I have had them jump up and down! Hahaha,,,

I was amazed when I watched Yin Soo & Shir Leen did the duet last night. Ooops…! they improvised the hip bump to ¾ shimmies, and I admired the segment through that part of snake arms, LOL! Well they've been busting their butt for nearly 9 months to learn this stuff, and still barely above beginner level, I can say they have talent but I did told them “Your Smile is your Magic”. I certainly they have put some hard work into the dance over time. I’m uploading some photos. Did you just see what I see?!?!?! OMG, just look how many spare tyres I have. By the way, it’s not me only…you guys too right?








































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment