Sunday, February 1, 2009

How did you guys celebrate your CNY?





National Paddy Museum in Kedah









Macik..macik...mau ambil gambar?


















3-D pictures of the sceneries.












Limestole hill - Gurnung Keriang


















Paddy growing – the whole place covered with green carpet



















Gong Xi FaChai everybody!!! I’m back to office now. Really no mood to come back to office!!! Seriously speaking.. I am still feeling damn sleepy right now after the family gathering, gossip, eating and drinking since 1st day of Chinese New Year (CNY) till last night!!! Haha.. So how did you guys celebrate your CNY? I bet most of you are gathering in eating and drinking whole week long too!!!
For the last week, I had the luxury of sleeping as late and waking up as late as I want. I could take a nap in the hot afternoon as I want. Sioknya.. but today, my holiday is officially over. However I couldn’t get out of bed as I want, I ‘gulung’ up myself like a centipede kena abu and dozed off till 7.30am….haha
I went to National Paddy Museum (National Rice Museum) in Kedah on 5th day of CNY. The admission is only RM3 for adults and RM1 for children. It is really worth seeing. It’s look so real and amazing to see the art work on the huge 360-degree ceiling painting on the interior domes. These are the result of painstaking work by 60 artists from Korea. Beside the painting, there are some galleries with panoramic murals showcase some facts of rice, history of paddy cultivation, traditional tools and the lifestyle of the farmers during the old day. You are allow to take pictures everywhere if you pay for the camera fee of RM3.00. I didn't really take many photos as there were too crowded during CNY.
I know most of people only know Kedah is famous for it’s Langkawi islands and the gateway to Thailand. If you happen to be in Kedah one day, do drop by to Paddy Museum to see the 3-D pictures of the Kedah sceneries, the painting are really like real life with life size objects and humans.
After capturing some green rice fields, we headed for lunch…fuyoh…the weather was getting hot that day…

No comments:

Post a Comment