Monday, February 16, 2009

Drop-in Variety Class?

I was talking to one of my friend after class last night, and she mentioned to me to open a drop-in variety class i.e. aerobics, yoga, belly dance & etc since I’d been involved in aerobic activity & yoga course in the past years. Oh..no no … I told her that is not my way to offer a little bit of everything or just to shake shake shake through various drop-in classes. As I said, dance is Work, Hard Work, and not just physical, but emotional and intellectual and spiritual.
I take belly dance seriously, I love it, sometime I hate it too when I can’t make the move, I feel frustrated I have no time to drills my technique. But one thing, I fight with it and I dance with it. I challenge myself to push for the best. I concentrate everything about belly dance. Although I repeat or build on choreography from class to class, but the focus is more on building technique and skill than on memorizing a routine. If you follow my class, you will notice my class make all the difference! To learn new things that you can incorporate into your own dancing - as well as drilling technique, musical interpretation & etc & etc.
I do a lot of the same moves every time. That’s not that all bad, and when I watch my dancers dance, that's a large part I can see their own style in belly dance. Simple thing, I asked them to hold their hands out gently, I saw how different each person looks. Each person has their own unique and natural beauty. I told them to use this natural beauty to dance. Believe it or not, I have to give a big hooray to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment