Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Making Our Own Costumes

Our own made beaded costumes














Belly Dance Costumes Competition in Nov 07







Joey&Hubby
Annie & Popo




Ho…ho..ho…Last night I finally finished my tribal tassel belt. My bra top finished a couple of weeks ago. I’m now waiting to sew the 10 yards tribal skirt. As you know, there were no local vendors of bra and belt sets we could find here, the only resource I had was searching on line, or buying from a small vendor who sold pretty Indian scarves, beads, coins and bells to make my own costume.

I know my student are very smart, creative, once I show them mine, they will know how to decorate for their own. I remember how the audience ooh and aah over their beaded costume during our 2nd annual hafla show.


We have been so blessed by this dance and the many things it has brought to us – the beauty, sensual, friendship, self expression, confidence, fitness & health. It is important we can share it together.

My final words for costume - Costume enhance your dance, the audience only watch your costume for few second. So, choose the appropriate and less expensive costume that fit you if you are at beginner level, once you reach intermediate, you'll have a better idea of what your style of dance is and what style of costume best fit your body. Most importantly, know your music and dance with your music, of course enjoy yourself! That is what belly dance is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment