Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ariellah Gothic Fusion Belly Dance Workshop


I drove all the way to Kuala Lumpur just to attend Gothic Fusion Belly Dance Workshop right after my full week of dance training. The workshop was organized by Carol Teoh. www.zahra.com.
Ah..ah... it's super challenging workshop and there were session to strengthen arms and strengthen our bodies, shoulder exercise and the belly sets. Ariellah started a short introduction and a demonstration of a few variation steps, most of the attendees were not able to do up to speed. As a new leaner, it was an extremely challenging choreography.
The workshop objective was to learn arms, hands & movement, basic drills and full choreography. Ariellah also strongly emphasized safe posture. It was interesting to see how similar moves are presented and executed in different ways between the different styles. She is extremely friendly, so much so that the attendees often asked her about questions.
Being exhausted from the previous day of Hadia Teacher Training, I don’t know what I was doing in the class as my head was full of authentic world of Oriental dance and introduction. I have limited capacity for memorizing choreography. I don’t know how the others could memorize so many movement and in the correct order.
After the class, Ariellah distributed her notes she had taught in the class. Overall, I still need drillings, practice and master it fully before I dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment