Monday, April 6, 2009

Review Hadia Oreintal Dance Teacher Training

Dinner time together

I now have a deeper understanding the origins of Oriental Dance. Hadia teaching techniques were quite different from many of the things I have learned before. It really wasn’t about dancing at all, but was packed enough cultural and historical background. I'm not going to go into much detail about what Hadia taught, because I think everyone ought to experience it in person. So my write-up of the teacher training portion will be a little shorter.
First, all attendees have to get their homework done before Hadia start the class. The anatomical drawings, graphs and a psychological questionnaire and chart results to determine your style of learning. If you take the teacher training with her, be sure you pay attention as Hadia is fairly patient if you keep doing incorrectly.
The first thing I want to do is apply her training to my daily class routine. It stretched me in a lot of ways, as I'm so used to a very structured environment with lots of drills and choreography but no development of myself as an individual dancer. The interesting part is I learnt the difference between Malfouf, Baladi, Maksoum, Masmoudi Saiidi, Chiftitelli etc in respect of rhythm, background culture and style. We practiced the typical movements of each dance to understand the difference between them.
With all the good things that came out of the training, I couldn’t have expected more, but Hadia gave more. Hadia was generous with her knowledge and shared everything, attendees could ask about anything dance related or otherwise. Class time in Hadia oriental dance training was a very worthwhile experience that I would recommend to anyone. It was the best training I have been to in a long time. Rumors are in the wind that she will return soon. I will be there! Hadia is one of my inspirations in Oriental Dance. I respect her hard work and what she is trying to do for the dance community.

No comments:

Post a Comment