Sunday, April 19, 2009

Belly Dance Competition

I am back from holiday since last week, but was stuck at pile of work after a long holiday. Gem Island is a beautiful relaxing Island, I wish to go back again to this island for snorkeling. I am back for blogging, too bad that my streamyx was down since last week. I'm stealing a little time from my office to blog….hehe, the pictures will share with you later.
That is a dance competition on 2 May 2009 organised by YMCA Ballroom Dance Club Penang. One of their committee invited me to take part in belly dancing but I always hate the competition. In dance Competition, the rules aren't always understood by the audience. What I can do is to spread the news to my students. I felt amazed finally my students decided to go out to see another part of belly dance world even though the competition date gets closer. Of course, there are definitely some positive in my belly dance competition experience - teamwork and discipline, growth, learning and challenging. I was able to hone in on their progress. They made me feel good to be their teacher. I loved watching them improve.
I am a bit rushing because Arabesque junior want to join the belly dance competition. Start from searching fabric, look for tailor & design their costume, then numbers rehearsal and bra bra….. huh, just busy and busy. The kids practice once in a week, with load of homework and school activities, I don’t really drive them crazy with choreography or expecting to win, but encourage them do good, to be fun. That, after all, is why we dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment