Monday, May 16, 2011

Yael Zarca Workshop

I'm that tired after a whole day trip to K.L. Arrive home at 3.30pm yesterday, rushed to teach 2 classes. Wondering why life is always so tired. Hectic lifestyle indeed! Suffer the whole day but luckily tomorrow is a Wesak day, it will be a public holiday here, tomorrow I will sleep sleep sleep!!! 

So beautiful Yeal!!! I enjoyed her beautiful dance with beautiful expression on her face. I enjoyed her workshops – Saidi and Modern Shaqi. The Saidi workshop is only 2.5 hours, we just did 2 minutes of cane choreography. The 2nd workshop was full of emotion. Yael explained the lyrics before she start teaching the choreography. She can't speak fluently English, but more or less we can understand when she mixes her languages. The dance really beautiful, graceful and controlled but at the same time full of emotion, I love the music and I love her choreography!!!! As I say, as long as I left a workshop with three things I can use then it’s been worth it. Having learn in such a short space of time, the only downfall is that now, practicing at home, ooppps…. I’ve forgotten most of the moves ;)!

Met 2 male belly dancers participated in this workshops. Yeal made jokes with the guys when she demonstrated how to do the accent move in her upper body. I noticed that more and more Malaysian young talented male dancer take part in belly dance nowadays. In Arab cultures, belly dancing was never meant exclusively for women. Whether or not anyone is fit to be a belly dancer depends on their dedication and talent. They are less inclined to wear clothing that could look feminine, they don't necessarily dance the way women would. Well the Arab male belly dancing did not disappoint in their show! As always they kept it fresh & exciting to the audience. Friendly speaking, I'm supportive of well intending Malaysian males who want to learn this style for the right reasons and with the right mindset and attitude. I have heard rumors as to why certain people cannot accept men do belly dancing. Well what else can we say when you see His moves are as sexual/sensual as those of a girl belly dancing, but markedly appealing to a different audience..?

Well, sleeping bug is calling me….Its time to cheer up. I need some goals and motivation in life. I need the motivation! Can I? I wish...I need to ensure that things would be nice. Good and well, next shall go for Shanaz workshop and meeting good friends! It will be a busy but brilliant month!
Yael and Me


No comments:

Post a Comment