Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feather Boa Workshop with Shanaz

Came back from Shanaz workshop. And, I'm having a headache and flu now! God, I'm really restless! No more travel before June 18, but then I have to drive to Penang to see my doctor for my thyroid function test results on Friday! Huh huh… the most obvious place to complain about my health is in my doctor’s room. Yes, it’s the great I am getting older, and this is part of the aging process. I accept physical weakness and sickness, just enjoy whatever health can allow. I got this email Ten Commandments of over 40 years old Inspirational Quotes from a friend and I thought of sharing this with you also. Click here: http://sushmajee.com/information/misc/ten-commandments.pdf

So happy to see old friends again at Shanaz workshop. This was my 2nd time taking workshop with Shanaz. I admit, I don't know a lot about her other than she has a strong Egyptian background, and has an excellent teaching as an experienced workshop instructor. I love her teaching !!! I love her 4 hours morning session workshop, it allows the workshop to be much more in-depth where we get to learn something new. Again, the 4 hours workshop was barely enough time to finish the whole choreography. The afternoon workshop required a feather boa. I have never seen nor even heard of this style before, and it was so much fun, and it is a perfect blend of melodic Middle Eastern sensibilities and modern western beats, it was an American cabaret belly dance moves and combination enhanced the fusion style, grace, and mixed with some sassy western attitude, simple yet so elegant. I enjoyed very much with Shanaz creativity fusion choreography. Different teacher teach different thing, appreciate her great idea and seeing things from different perspectives. So much different combination to learn in different ways. Despite my own shortcomings, I want to take more workshops with Shanaz.





I was exhausted after the 7 hours workshop and 5 hours solo drive, and my feet were screaming...cant remember how many time I stop to stretched out my body. Luckily the new CD album from Shanaz keep me awake toward the end. Aha….I was stopped by the police for speeding over 100 mph at mid-night, police said that photo has taken and I would receive a Court Summons in due course. I knew that I am a road devil who often speed. So I was not surprised that I have many speed summons. Hahaha…wish I can drive like a super defensive driver so traffic summons is RM0. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment