Saturday, May 28, 2011

What Is Right For ME...

It’s mid-night, I still have plenty of energy. It’s a time to write! Aha….What does this have to do with my topic in the mid-night?  Well, it’s somewhat about my heart, carrier and dancing. Did you ever have one of those days when nothing seems to go right? Well I recently had one of those days.  If you are my facebook friend, you’ve probably read that status weeks ago as below :

“It's really a good news and bad news:-( . I'm flattered by a good job offer this morning. It's a very difficult situation for me…… find it hard to know how to negotiate for a new job offer. Again, I should consider questions of work-life balance, such as vacation time, flextime and dancing time. I have to either accept the job offer or turn it down :((((“

For past few weeks, my heart was overcome with emotion because of  a good job offer by an oil and gas international company. I find it hard to decide and  I was sleepless for few nights. The answer was going  to be yes and my mind was reeling from the realization that I had  following my heart. A dancing friends wrote to me an long email after reading my status. After think-through the situation, I decided to turn down the job offer because of my RESPONSIBILITIES  and COMMIMENT of belly dancing. Finally I choose to follow my heart - belly dancing, work-life balance, such as vacation time, flextime and dancing time!  I know If I accept the job offer, I will have no time for others things including my dancing. My belly dance art form is much more about living, it has so many lessons that have to do with life, not just only dancing. It is a way of creating, celebrating, sharing thought, caring, joining the  community and building relationships…. Oohhh.... I think I would have so much to talk about belly dancing  and I could go on with the long list! 

I felt so much peace, calm, joy and more like who I truly am. It's as though this was one of the first times in my life I was actually being more me because I allowed my heart to guide me. I feel so blessed right now. Turning down the job offer is tough.  I am very thankful for some positive encouragement/comments.

Life is good at the moment,  I am very pleased to say :D  My workload is going fantastic! Found myself with extra reserve of energy  to meet a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment