Saturday, January 8, 2011

What’s Up On January 2011



What I start in January?  As you know me, I was diving into too many things all at once, nearly going crazy at one point because my mind was processing too much information. I finally  set  an hour meditation firmly in my waking early goal. The best in the early morning hours..... I decided to give it a trial and see how it works out for 21 days.  If it was really beneficial, I would keep it as part of my daily routines.  If it wasn’t, I would have learned from the experience.

Think about it, wake up at 5am for meditation.  Frankly speaking,  waking up early at 5am is  the hardest habits to cultivate for me. Tell you, today is my 7th day that I woke  up early and stay up. Of course the alarm clock is essential items  in the first few days.  With the cultivation of this one small habit, I am able to, no matter how sleepy I am.  I  really wake up early,  I have  a very strong reason on why  I  want to wake up,  I want to do it. I  get off my bed to reach it. Thanks goodness  I don’t go back to bed after I turn it off!  

My friend told me I must know the purpose “why” I need meditation. I  remembered our conversation about the mind and my curiosity of how to "control the mind".  He  influenced me in this way, Silence - Gain Inner Peace & Grounded Calmer, and this is how I actually practice it. In the first 3 days I did it for 45 minutes, I got up after that because of  sharp nummed/pain when I crossed my legs for too long. It seemed like torture to me, since the pain in the legs can get intense with 1 hour  of sitting with no movement. During that time, I also thought I was supposed to enter this world of knowing everything. But it was absolutely nothing. Not even peace!! . Actually my mind was racing like normal. The 45 minutes of sitting restlessly thinking what’s next on my yahoo inbox and who updated their status on Facebook, or who sent me a text message. Thinking about “what suppose to happen?”  Thinking about “Am I doing this right?" I ended up with headache, sweat and vomit on my 1st day. I know my mind was expecting too much. I expected  much because I felt I was "suppose to be there to see something" and that I was going to have some magical and wonderful meditation experiences. However, as I continued to meditate the days after, once I started practicing 15 minutes, I  try and reconnect again, I started slowly breathing and suddenly jumped into a very deep meditation experience. I began to feel peace. I didn't ask for it. I didn't expect it. But, there it was! It made me realize how noisy my previous unmeditated mind was and I was not even aware of it.  

It became obvious I am clear within myself, my thoughts, my emotions, my inclinations, as well as a strong enough “why” I adopt these habits.  I felt motivated, sparks and  inspiration carry me through in this week when  I take notes and focus on what I am  doing at the moment.  It's a new adventure. It is a time of year for me when ideas are flowing. New ideas for business, choreography, shows and class.   New trends continue to pop up and there is a sense of newness all around - energy and passion for 2011 and beyond!!!  Let's see how it goes if I continue to achieve success for the 21 days meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment