Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspiration behind the new look & Goodbye!


Finally launched  my new look website, although happy with the content and layout of the site, there are still some of  the banners and need to work with a designer to create a consistent flow of images that depict the sections correctly…and the coding of the intro page still pending:)). 

I have paid particular attention to this while developing design of the new look! I really wanted my main content to be the focus rather than the design of the page, especially the workshop were made to catch attention. I love the colors, the bright green and black make them stand out above the background. I haven't added much work to my art gallery lately as scaling images to fit a design in all browsers is a bit tricky, it took me so long to figure that out.

In my last design I had linked my blog post, for  those who are interested, my website history  tells a story of my dancing.  I've experimented with over the last 6 years ... Has it really been 6years? :)  Wow..time flies! I am saddened to announce that I have decided to stop making posts to my http://arabesquebellydance-annie.blogspot.com site. This does not mean that I will stop dancing and entertaining; it just means that I will stop using current blogspot.com. Thank you for the feedback! I have read every message sent to me, and I have thoroughly appreciated all the kind words and support. It feels good to know that I was able to make days better for so many people. Without support from you, I would not have kept my site going for so long.

So, that is it. But, for now, I say "GOODBYE".

5 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    Why? What? Why stop blogging? I feel very sad for your site. I visited it every day. I will miss it so much, I really enjoy reading and I have started it like you. I bought a new computer and I learnt how to write my blog, just like you, I won't forget how I have started. I am happy that you remember your friends and people who have helped you. It is not nice to me that you stop writing and etc... I really hope you will be back soon. I won't forget your site. Good luck in life and I hope you know that there are a lot of people who will be waiting to share you dance history!
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really going to miss you, all your posts had such personality and were so fun to read (I'm a creepy, so I never commented). I wish you wouldn't go, but I understand why. I see you are giving up something and it saddens me too. I hope your life takes you on many adventures and all the memories you made through dancing help you in some way or another.
    Lily fr Sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my friends! I'm really sorry for you. This is the goodbye. This is when I realize I must leave to continue with other aspects of my life. But I won't completely disappear. My site will remain active for as long as I can keep it, I'll check it once in a while, and who knows, maybe I'll be back if it is possible. I've always appreciated your feedback and your supporting words, so thank you for all !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I feel a lost too. But none the least i know u're gonna be actively sporting on ur new site, also it's really a bonus to have you on FB as well cos updating there is really a breeze too.
    I had fun interacting with you here!
    I just hope one day when u have some free time, u'll reopen a blog again. Till then see u around!!
    Happy new year my love!

    Lots of love,
    Katz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello...I just browsed your blogs/website. I found your post very interesting, really admirable post. Theoretically I could write something like this too, but taking the time and effort to make a good article is a lot of effort…but what can I say…. Good read though. Thanks for your nice experience to share with us.

    Maria Yana

    ReplyDelete