Friday, January 21, 2011

Super Busy Super Calm....



I am still doing my very basic breath meditation. Breathing just happens naturally on day 20th,  I  will be completing  total of  21days journal  and I am bringing to a habit. I am really occupied with my day and night that I hardly find enough time to rest, moreover when it comes to posting updates with regards to the happenings to my life, for sure my life aren’t  exactly dull... not exactly very happening at the same moment but we spent a lot of time practice  (we are currently preparation to perform for  a company annual dinner event) on next week. I watched their practice video, it  made me smile because the girls work hard to practice in a short time. Gosh…. The girls . were   exhausted but still can dance and they just want to dance... and I have too much energy within me.. hahahaha.. Think they  are all HYPERACTIVE like me!!

I was a bit regretted to accept this  offer as the person in-charge  is too demanding! When I had a conversation with him, I know he  has been heavily influenced by non-traditional aspects. First, he personally like that kind of hot and sexy dance uses pop, hip locks and drops, some undulations. I understand it can be very good  entertaining and interesting but I don’t consider it is strictly belly dancing! I  personally do not like that type of dance, and I think its honestly fake,  over done or  trying to incorporate a kind of "sexy" feel too it. It just makes me mad to say that something that is so lacking of culture can be considered belly dance!  I am  insulted  because I can understand what is it call  belly dancing (That's what I've spent my life learning) I think that people should know the amazing thing about belly dance is something that culturally beautiful!  And it is logical that as a dancer you would take the experiences and techniques that you have seen and been through, and you would add that to your dance, I am just most obviously biased because I DO have that opportunity to see and learn many many Egyptian style belly dancing.  

I have also found that many people are defensive about belly dance history. I am proud to say I  learn their  cultures arts because it helps me better understand the culture in a manner which is far more natural for me. Aahh....Anyway, everyone has there own opinion.  As I said earlier,  I never meant to insult anyone with what I said,  if I did I apologize,  I am not going to spend time on this,

As I have mentioned in my previous post, there is quite a lot of happening stuff going on this first quarter  of the year. The Chinese New Year gathering already line up!!  Some of friends and students  start planning  my birthday celebrations this year. I am not greedy,  I do not want to have a big celebration, I just don’t want all of you  waste your money buying  things for me! Hmmm...I am getting my BlackBerry handphone in next two week. Well, unless something happen and there is big surprise from heaven, I want to hear a birthday wish that I haven’t  got it for years. There is really only one thing I want. And I can tell you now that it’s not gonna happen, but it’s the first thing I think of when I start dreaming of birthdayland.

Because of my dance commitments, I just paid the fees  today for Hadia in Jakarta Training from 16th  to 20th April 2011. Next thing is booking the flight and accommodation. April is full of excitement!  Lots of crazy people, cocktails and great parties. I cry...and  my pocket cries with me,  Woo hooo !!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment